There are essentials to being a healthy church, and there are ways each church is unique and distinctive. Below are the distinctives of our body.
- Rotational preaching — Several men share the weekly preaching load.
- Excellent preaching requires significant time, which then leaves less time for other pastoral responsibilities.
- The leadership of the church should teach. Rotational preaching leverages the responsibility and unique strengths of several leaders for the good of the body.
- A fully involved membership where everyone is enabled to serve the body.
- For example, men who are able to preach are encouraged and enabled to teach and then preach, under the supervision of the church leadership.
- Family atmosphere — God designed the local church to be a family, we are committed to sacrificially loving one another and working to develop close relationships that foster trust and enjoy fellowship.
- Proactively loving people who are not like you. Loving your neighbor often means loving people who are different from you (Luke 10:25-37). Our outreach to internationals and diversity within our own body reflect this.
- Caring for the stranger — We have maintained a ministry to internationals for six years.