The goal of our children’s ministry at CCC is to come alongside parents and families as we together seek to proclaim to our children God’s mighty acts.
In everything we do, we want to teach our children the greatness and glory of the God who has revealed Himself to us in the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. God has entrusted us with the privilege of telling our children of His wondrous salvation, so that the generations yet to come would set their hope on God.
One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts… They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.” Psalm 145:4-7
A Family Integrated Approach
In God’s design, parents are the primary disciplers of their children and the church family has a vital supporting role. Therefore, the goal of the church is to work alongside parents as we together disciple the children of the church.
On Sundays, we want to:
- Enable parents to decide when their infants and children are ready to stay with the congregation.
- Provide godly care in a well-equipped, safe nursery and teach age-appropriate lessons.
- Give children early access to the biblically rich teaching and corporate worship. Children are frequently underestimated.
- Show our children what their parents and church family value by inviting them to be with us as we worship our Savior and hear God’s word.
- To be a church family that treasures and engages children of all ages with the Good News.
When a parent believes their child is old enough, they join the congregation in service. We frequently provide worksheets to guide both children and the congregation through the sermon.
In the near future, a cry room in the sanctuary will give parents another option: parents will be able to be both with their young children and the congregation.
Our well-equipped nursery is a safe place for tiny people whose parents are in worship. We gently care for the children, play with them, and give a simple Bible lesson. One room is equipped for nursing mothers.
We provide a safe, loving environment to nurture and shape children’s hearts through God’s Word and relationships with mature believers, so that they might come to know God and be prepared for life as a believer.
For older children in nursery, we offer the Desiring God curriculum, a Scripture-driven curriculum that shows how God is the main character of history and teaches children His purposes.